I took Friday off since I have a few days to burn up that I can’t carry over at work. Last night was a late night for me. My husband, two sister in laws and I went to the Citizen Cope concert in Boston. My sister in law bought us tickets for my husbands b-day. Before the concert, we went out for sushi. It had been awhile since the last time I had it and it was very good. We ended up getting the boat and there were plenty of leftovers.
The concert was over around 11-11:30 and we did not get home till after midnight. I had to be at the clinic for 6:45 am and after finally winding down I ended up only getting a few hours of broken sleep. There are two things that make me cranky (Ok there are probably more) 1) Not enough sleep and 2) Being hungry. I am too tired to hit the gym and I will probably be really annoying and whine all day how tired I am to my husband who doesn’t understand. He can function on a few hours of sleep. I am thinking I will probably go to bed by 10 tonight!
FET #2 Update
I didn’t bother updating on Thursday because we really did not get an answer. The nurse called and said they wanted me to come back Saturday (today) for ultrasound and blood work. I asked about switching to a medicated cycle or what the plan was if no follicle started growing to become lead follicle. The nurse’s answer was “well if you don’t get pregnant than the Dr. will probably want you to come in for a consult.” Really? Are you an idiot? How the hell am I even going to get pregnant without ovulating and/or having a transfer? Magic? She then told me to speak with one of the Dr.’s on Saturday when I come in. Funny….there are no Dr.’s at the satellite office I go to on Saturdays. Needless to say this nurse was absolutely no help and I was just too defeated to call back again.
This morning we went in for an early morning ultrasound and b/w. My lining went from 5.8mm to 6.5mm and no change in growth of follicle. Ugh. The clinic just called and I finally had a nurse that had a brain call me. I told her our situation and she told me they want me to come back on Tuesday (CD16) and this would be the deciding appointment. She said my estrodial is going up but just creeping up very slowly which is why my lining is thin. She said all we need is for one follicle to take lead and I will just end up having a longer cycle but we can go ahead with the transfer. That is best case scenario. Now I know I don’t exactly have the greatest luck so I am not counting on this but I am crossing my fingers. IF estrodial is still low and no lead follicle develops she said there is a small possibility that the Dr. would put me on estrace and switch me to a medicated cycle since my numbers are low (LH and estrodial) but she couldn’t be positive. Worst case scenario is they cancel. If they cancel I am not sure if they will make me take a month off and resubmit to insurance or if they can move right into a medicated cycle. I guess we will get our answer on Tuesday. So again back to waiting….