FET #2 Update
I am feeling much better today after yesterday’s horrid biopsy. I am a bit crampy but overall much better. I went to get blood work this morning to check my TSH levels and for karyotype testing. They called me back and said my TSH is good and to remain on the same Synthroid dosage. Now it is just a waiting game for karyotype results. Once those come back we can move ahead and redo my day 3 blood work. A lot to get done before we can even begin FET #2. I am so impatient.
What I have been eating
I am pretty addicted to Jamie Eason’s Protein Bars and her Turkey Meatloaf Muffins. They have become a staple in my daily eats. I find them both great as a go to snack rather then chips or something worse. The protein bars fill my chocolate cravings too. I just need to watch out because sometimes I can overindulge in healthy food! Below are the chocolate ones but I have also tried the carrot cake bars and those are really good too.
The recipe is below for Chocolate Protein Bars but you can also watch Jamie make them here.
Chocolate Protein Bars
- 1 cup Oat Flour
- 4 Egg Whites
- 2 scoops Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- ½ cup Splenda, Truvia, or Ideal (I used splenda but prefer Truvia)
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 8oz Berry flavored Baby Food (I used a berry and banana mix)
- 3 tbsp Baking Cocoa
- 4oz Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients (oat flower, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, salt, baking cocoa) together in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (egg whites, Splenda, Berry flavored Baby Food,Water) together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
- Spray cooking dish with a non stick butter spray and add batter to dish.
- Bake 20-30 minutes in oven. (My oven is usually 30 minutes)
I make these on the weekend and freeze about half of them. They need to be refrigerated or frozen as they have no preservatives.