3dp5dt and 4dp5dt

3dp5dt

I was up early this morning with a stomach ache and cramps.  Could be the fact that dinner was popcorn and an ice cream bar!  Feeling a bit nauseous and crampy but not sure if those are symptoms or just my body saying “what the hell?”  I am trying not to obsess over every little could be symptom.  It will drive me insane.

It is labor day weekend and I am headed up to my friend’s lake house for the night.  She is home from Colorado so we are doing a little girls day/night with a few other friends.  I think it will be great to get away and try not to worry about all that is going on.  I went to the store this morning to pick up some fruit and munchies. I figure if I can bring some healthy snacks I can’t eat crappy the WHOLE time.  So I packed cucumbers, tomatoes from our garden, carrots, celery and fruit.

I am not going to lie.  I have NO desire to be in a bathing suit in front of anyone right now.  I am a stressed and when I am stressed I eat.  Think I am up about 3-5lbs this IVF.  I am doing my best not to beat myself up.  I know if this fails I will hop back on that treadmill and if it doesn’t well who cares if I gained some weight and I can still continue to exercise during pregnancy right?  I know a lot of women out there have an unhealthy relationship with their body.  I am way to hard on myself but I am working on it.  I wish I could just wear whatever I want and be comfortable but I never have been able to.

4dp5dt

Back home from the lake and we had a lot of fun and a lot of laughs which is what I needed.  I haven’t been feeling much so I get this worry in the pit of my stomach that this could be another failed IVF.  I want to be positive but everyone else seems to get cramps, pinches and twinges.  Or they just seem to know that the cycle worked right away.  I WAS told I have a 70% chance so I just need to remember this and try to be positive.

13 thoughts on “3dp5dt and 4dp5dt

• Kim says:

Typically I am an early tester but now I am scared to test. If this one doesn’t work then I just don’t know how many more I can go through or if there is something else wrong. I think I will test Wednesday which will be 12dpo or 7dp5dt.

1. talesofacautiousoptimist says:

Hi there. I just found your blog from LFCA and got caught up on your most recent IVF blogs. It turns out that we had our retrievals on the same day! I had a 3 day transfer though. We also transferred 1 embryo. Sending you positive thoughts to your little embie 🙂 Hope you get through the rest of the 2ww okay!

2. talesofacautiousoptimist says:

My beta is on Friday. And no, we’ve decided not to test and just to wait for the nurses call on Friday afternoon. I haven’t really had the urge to test…I don’t know if I could bear a BFN but also analyze weather it’s a true BFN or just too early to tell for me. Are you planning to test?

• Kim says:

I will definitely test before beta. I want to know before I have to hear it from someone else. I may test Wednesday @ about 12dpo but I am so scared of a BFN that I may wait even longer.

3. expecting to be expecting says:

70% is awesome!!!

I wish I could just wave a wand to help you out to let go of your anxiety 🙂 Our chances for this FET are around 20% (I think IVF cycles for Dh and I are a bit better, 30%).

I soooo related to your post about food/weight/body. I gained about 7 lbs with my IVF in May, lost almost immediately and then gained 4 lbs from stress eating after. This cycle my weight SOARED on estrogen (FET) and then went back to normal when progesterone was added. So I can only assume estrogen and I are a lethal combo. But progesterone is my new best freind…..

I run too and after last week’s bedrest I’m taking it easy this week. But I feel a lot of anxiety not being able to run or workout. I have loose skin on my tummy from being much heavier in the past and when I don’t w/o it gets really noticeable, even with clothes on (talk about a good reason to stay focussed on exercise). I know I’ll never be a size “tiny” but I’d at least like to stay where I am (or lose another 10) during this process.

Rambling. Sorry!

But I soooo get what you’re saying 🙂

• Kim says:

I think it is hard enough dealing with IVF why does it have to cause weight gain? It’s like someone kicking you while you are down! 70% are awesome odds I just am scared there is something else going on if this doesn’t work.

• expecting to be expecting says:

Word press is being a poop head, tried to comment earlier: estrogen causes me to gain but progesterone helps me to lose what I’ve gained (unfortunately it doesn’t work on old, stubborn weight). Do you find the same?

I completely understand re: the unknowns. I often feel like this whole process would be a lot simpler and less emotionally draining if a Dr could say: you will need to do this procedure 3x, you will be successful on the 3rd.” Then I could relax a bit knowing it will actually pay off. Right now though I’m like you: no way of knowing if what we think we’re dealing with is all we’re dealing with!

• Kim says:

Estrogen definitely causes weight gain for me! I know what you are saying if someone just gave me the date I would get pregnant it would be so much easier. I could stop stressing. The unknown sucks!